RESIDENCE PERMIT IN SLOVENIA
BY REGISTERING OF A COMPANY
Slovenia is one of the wealthiest countries of the former communist block, due to become a magnet for investments from around the world. Famous for its thermal springs, Slovenia is located in the heart of Europe. The mild climate, intact nature and the combination of mountain and seaside landscapes contribute to the fact that people from all over the world choose this country for living and business.
Advantages of residence permit in Slovenia:
- low price clearance;
- the ability to include minor children and parents who are over 65 years of age;
- there is no requirement to move;
- no need to come to apply;
- the opportunity to live in Europe all year round;
- a residence permit for 60 days;
- permanent residence after 5 years of living without a language exam.
Options of residence permit in Slovenia:
Residence permit is issued by the registration to the applicant company in Slovenia and the employment in that firm.
Cost of obtaining a residence permit in Slovenia:
Turnkey service cost - €10000
This service includes:
Company registration *
obtaining a residence permit for all family members **
* To register the Company, it is necessary to deposit the authorized capital of at least €7.5 thousand. The authorized capital can be contributed in three ways:
Depositing funds into a bank account. The service of assistance in opening an account for depositing the Authorized Capital is included in the price;
depositing property acquired on the territory of Slovenia. The service includes an official appraisal of the property contributed to the company.
Payment by purchased Slovenian government bonds. The service includes assistance in opening a special account with a broker to purchase these bonds.
** To apply for a residence permit, your company must fulfill one of the conditions:
make an investment of at least €50 thousand in fixed assets
show a turnover of €10 thousand within six months
Monthly expenses to maintain a residence permit:
- €432 - payroll tax and social security contributions
- €120 - the accountant
- €120 legal address
- €1200 - registration, if there is no own registration
The time for obtaining a residence permit:
- The registration of the company - 10 days
- Preparation of documents for residence permit - 60 days
- A residence permit upon submission of the documents to the Consulate 30 days
Documents for obtaining a residence permit:
- a photocopy of the passport;
- certificate of absence of criminal record;
- colored photo 3,5x4,5 cm
The pros and cons of obtaining a residence permit in Slovenia:
Residence permit in Slovenia because of employment in their company has several disadvantages and, in turn, opens up new opportunities and prospects for the migrant.
Disadvantages of a residence permit
The disadvantages of a residence permit in Slovenia are the following facts:
- Initial permission to stay in the country for one year. Then it extends first in the same period, and in the subsequent 2 years.
- To obtain a residence permit, your firm must continue to fulfill one condition: to have basic funds in the amount of 50 thousand euros or a turnover of not less than 60 thousand Euro for the last 6 months.
- The Russians to acquire a property only to a legal entity.
- There is no opportunity to work in government.
- If the move is carried out on business visa, the first 2 years have the opportunity to work only in his company.
- Extremely difficult to get a job without knowledge of the local language.
- In accordance with the new legislation, from 2015 foreigners who came on a work visa or immigration, can be reunited with his family only after one year.
Advantages of residence permit
Slovenian residence permit expands the horizons of opportunities, which, of course, covers all existing disadvantages. The presence of a residence permit in Slovenia provides a foreigner:
- The opportunity to apply for permanent residence status and citizenship of Slovenia;
- The right to travel to the countries of the Schengen area without a visa;
- The opportunity to open an account in a reliable Bank;
- The opportunity to work in Europe;
- The ability to conduct business in a stable area of the European Union;
- Social protection in the form of social benefits, allowances and payments;
- Access to qualitative medical service of the European level;
- The possibility of free education of children;
- A sense of security due to low crime rate;
- The opportunity to live in a perfect ecological environment and enjoy the Alps, the Adriatic coastline, lakes and a rich fauna;
- Foreigners have the same rights as the Slovenes, except the ability to vote.
The process of obtaining residence permit in Slovenia:
Despite the high standard of living, mild climate and other advantages of the country, Slovenia is currently poorly developed by our compatriots and therefore receives few residents of the former Soviet Union, however, the procedure for obtaining a Slovenian residence permit is relatively simple and transparent.
The first step is to register the company.
Any foreigner can register a company in Slovenia and work in it. The most optimal and economically safe option is considered a limited liability company (LLC), which in the local language has the abbreviation d.o.o.
The Slovenian market is relatively young, so many niches are not fully covered, which gives prospects for opening and developing your own company. Segments such as freight transportation, rental of sports equipment, trade in electronic equipment, mobile phones and accessories are attractive.
- For registration, co-founders come to Slovenia. If one person arrives, the preparation of a power of attorney from the rest of the company is required. Each document must have a Slovenian legal translation.
- Then the Slovenian TIN is drawn up for each co-founder.
- Next comes the preparation and signing of primary documents on the registration of a company with a Slovenian notary.
- Then an account is opened in the bank to which at least seven and a half thousand euros is deposited. This amount will form the authorized capital, which can be spent solely on the needs of the company and the issuance of wages.
- The company is entered into the electronic register of economic entities of Slovenia. Registration procedure lasts from 5 to 15 days.
The second step is to obtain the right to registration of the Slovenian residence permit.
To qualify for a residence permit in the business immigration process, after registering a company, either of two conditions must be met: to acquire fixed assets (real and movable property, equipment, etc.) to the company in cash equivalent of at least 50 thousand euros, or to have turnover of at least 60 thousand euros.
The third step is applying for a residence permit.
After the registration of the company and executing a condition for active management of the business is supplied a package of documentation for a residence permit, which will require:
- the address and name registered company in Slovenia;
- notarized certificate of no criminal record;
- Slovenian insurance; copy of valid passport;
- one photo; profile of the applicant with his signature.
At this stage of business immigration, a package of documents is submitted to the Consulate of Slovenia, while the fee is paid. The waiting time for a reply on extradition is thirty days. Then, having received a plastic card, in two weeks it is necessary to have time to register, so it is advisable in advance to register the address of residence in Slovenia, which can be obtained when renting accommodation for a contract or buying real estate.
Do not forget that after the acquisition of a residence permit in a year, it is necessary to extend it. The renewal process is actually the same as the procedure for registering a residence permit: the same set of documents is provided as during the initial registration. If a citizen is in the territory of Slovenia, and the expiry date of a residence permit is on the way, then the residency should be requested at the district administration.
Thus, after five years of residence because of a residence permit, you can apply for permanent residence in Slovenia and issue an EU resident card. Then all the doors will open to the foreigner.
Most Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Having issued a residence permit in the specified country, after five years, you can apply for permanent residence.
Slovenian citizenship can be obtained after ten years of residence.
Yes, a resident of the country gets the opportunity to contact local medical institutions.
Yes, the holder of a residence permit has the right to issue cards for his wife, children and parents if they are over 65 years old.
Yes, having issued a residence permit in Slovenia, you can study at local educational institutions.
The document is issued for one year, then it is renewed every year, after 5 years you can get permanent residence.
The minimum length of stay, which is established by law, is at least 180 days a year. However, the absence due to the need for work is an exception and allows, if necessary, not to reside in the country.
Yes, all holders of a residence permit of a given state have such an opportunity.
Russian citizens can purchase real estate in Slovenia only with their own company. Citizens of the European Union, USA and Great Britain can purchase real estate in the country for an individual.
The main thing is, of course, not to break the laws of Slovenia and pay taxes regularly. Also, in order to apply for permanent residence status, it is necessary to extend the residence permit status without interruption.
The holder of a residence permit in Slovenia has no right to vote, participate in elections and work in government structures. Also, the owner of such a residence permit will not be able to purchase real estate as an individual.
Due to the incompleteness of the documents provided, the presence of a criminal record and the lack of grounds for obtaining a residence permit.