The island was ruled by France and Britain until 1978, when Great Britain granted independence to its colony. After that, Dominica became a democratic country with parliamentary government, the head of which is the President. The country is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the Caribbean Commonwealth, a member of the UN, a member of the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States, the Organization of American States, the International Organization of French-speaking countries. The paradise nature of the island is complemented by a vibrant culture derived from the mixing of European and African traditions.
Dominica is an island nation located on the border of the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean. The closest neighbors are Puerto Rico and Trinidad and Tobago. You can get to the island from the USA and Europe, and there are no direct flights to the island; short transfer takes place at the airports nearest to the island.
Language and national composition
Since the right to domination over Dominica was constantly disputed between England and France, along with English, the island’s patois, a mixture of simplified French, African, and Caribou-Arawak dialects, is widespread. Attempts by the colonists to gain a foothold on the island were accompanied by a mass extermination of local tribes and their replacement by slaves from Africa. Therefore, at present, the overwhelming majority of Dominicans (87%) are representatives of the Negroid race, among which it is sometimes possible to meet mulattoes (9%). The number of indigenous Caribbean Indians is very small - 3%, they live in reservations on the east coast. The white population is extremely small - only 1%. The total population of Dominica is 72 thousand people, most of whom are Catholic.
Why do tourists come to Dominica?
Wild untouched nature - this is what attracts a metropolis resident who is tired of civilization. The purest water, the richest flora and fauna - Dominica is ideal for practicing fishing and diving, and the nature park Morne Trois-Python, spread over an area of more than 7000 hectares on the mountain of the same name, is the best match for nature.
The authorities of Dominica welcome the so-called economic immigration. That is, the investor receives indefinite nationality of the country without restrictions on accommodation. The funds invested in the island’s economy pay off with a number of advantages:
- Alternative place to stay in a tranquil country on the other side of the world;
- Political stability is one of the main advantages of Dominica. The state is not involved in any international conflict and the inhabitants of the island can move freely around the world without any sanctions and restrictions.
- Visa-free trips to 96 countries of the world, including the states of the European Union, Hong Kong, Singapore;
- The possibility of obtaining a 10-year American visa;
- The absence of some significant taxes, including donations, property, inheritance, income from foreign sources;
- Quick and easy company registration procedure, good opportunities for profitable business;
- Registration of citizenship does not require the immediate presence of the applicant in the country; Since 2015, a mandatory interview is no longer required, only a selective interview remains at the discretion of the receiving party. permanent residence is also not necessary, but at the same time for the holder of a Dominica passport all the possibilities of a citizen of the country remain;
- Citizenship of Dominica will not be made public; island government guarantees complete confidentiality in this matter.
- You do not need to give up your current citizenship.
The advantages of a Dominican passport for yachtsmen and seafarers
Since Dominica is deservedly considered a paradise island in the Caribbean, many private boats and yachts moor to it. Water transport owners visit the island to admire the wondrous nature and try their hand at active tourism.
For mariners and yachtsmen, registration of Dominica citizenship will only benefit. The passport of Dominica will be a pass to the territorial waters of neighboring countries: the islands of the Caribbean, Great Britain, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines and others. The passport holder of the Commonwealth of Dominica is allowed to visit these countries without a visa. This is undoubtedly convenient if you are going to visit the archipelago, where the nearby islands are under the jurisdiction of different countries.
Saving time and money on settling visa issues is the main advantage of a Dominica passport for seafarers.
Advantages of a second passport of Dominica
As it has already mentioned, the citizenship of Dominica provides priority visits to a large number of countries without delay, accompanying the visa application. However, many receive a Dominica passport for less pragmatic reasons. Typically, this citizenship is issued as a second, and the applicant is not going to give up his main homeland; however, it is not required from him.
Here are the typical reasons for obtaining a second passport of Dominica:
- If the procedure for the extension of the main passport occurs too often. Some countries require their citizens to update documents every 5 years. Against this background, the passport of the Commonwealth of Dominica with a 10-year period of validity looks very attractive. Passport renewal for indigenous people and immigrants occurs on a general basis, without priority for local residents.
- If upon receipt of a second citizenship is required to cancel the passport of his native country. If for any reason a person loses primary citizenship, then the passport of the Commonwealth of Dominica will allow not to remain stateless at all. You can always be sure that he will find shelter and support in Dominica.
- In their home country, foreign income and capital are taxed. In this case, the available citizenship of Dominica is a chance to save your money, because there is no practice of taxing foreign assets.
- Military action or politically unstable situation in the home country. In the event of unrest or hostilities in the homeland of Dominic will become the "alternate airfield", where you can find shelter and peace.
- “Native” passport can be an obstacle to the successful conduct of commerce. Many international banks practice screening of clients from countries that are disadvantaged from the point of view of financial reliability. Dominica does not belong to such countries; her passport is readily accepted in all banks of the world.
- Persecution in the homeland for political or criminal reasons. In this case, the citizenship of Dominica will provide a legal basis for the protection of welfare.
- The desire to change the name and surname. In the new passport Dominica does not necessarily indicate the real name and surname. Next to your photo you can write any name. But it is necessary to notify the relevant authorities of the home country. In countries where dual citizenship is prohibited, such initiative is prosecuted in criminal proceedings.
Opportunity to conduct trade and economic activities in CARICOM
CARICOM is a trade and economic union of the countries of Central America. In addition to Dominica, the members of the alliance are 14 more countries of the Caribbean. For members of the union there are no customs barriers, as well as quantitative restrictions on export-import operations. The countries have a common trade, financial and agricultural policy. There are no restrictions on the movement of people, goods and capital between countries.
For a citizen of the Commonwealth of Dominica, this situation is very beneficial because it allows you to conduct business, not limited by strict standards, in any country of the CARICOM community.
Visa free regime with the countries of the Schengen zone
In May 2015, an agreement on visa-free regime was signed between the countries belonging to the Schengen zone and the Commonwealth of Dominic. Under the terms of this agreement, citizens of Dominica are granted the right to stay in the EU for 90 days over a period of 180 days. After every 180 days, you can again visit the European Union, staying there for another 90 days. Therefore you should not question the value of the passport of Dominica.
It should be noted that the introduction of a visa-free regime on the part of the EU preceded a thorough analysis of the indicators achieved during the implementation of the Dominica Economic Citizenship Program, the security of passport forms, as well as changes in state legislation. The approval of the agreement by the Schengen community speaks about stability in the economic and political spheres of Dominica. This is a recognition of the country's high degree of security for visiting, living and running a business.
On our website you can find a program for obtaining a passport of Dominica. Its peculiarity is the absence of requirements for living and education or management experience, the presence of children under 25 years old, the absence of taxes for non-residents and other non-burdensome conditions. Among the options for acquiring a passport of Dominica are offered: investments in the national development fund, investments in real estate.