Experts consider it the most accessible for obtaining a Caribbean passport. Advantages of the algorithm - the issuance of a passport entitles you to tax breaks, the review procedure itself is very fast (3-4 months).
PASSPORT OF SAINT LUCIA
Since 2016, the Caribbean island of Saint Lucia offers those who want to get a second citizenship through investments in the country's economy. You can get a passport by taking part in one of the investment programs to choose from and enjoy the opportunity to visit more than 120 countries of the world without a visa or with automatic receipt of a visa upon arrival.
For those who want to periodically or permanently reside in Saint Lucia, there are affordable business and elite-class housing, excellent hotels and spas, clear beaches and a unique underwater world. The island has a magnificent ecology - tropical forests, sea air, mineral springs with healing waters and mud.
HISTORY OF SAIN LUCIA
The island was discovered by Columbus on the day of St. Lucia (12/13/1502) and for many years was the subject of controversy and military clashes between the French, the British and the local people - the Carib Indians. In the 17th century, slaves from Africa were massively brought to Saint Lucia for the cultivation of sugarcane. In 1814, the island finally became a colony of Great Britain in accordance with the Paris Treaty, and in 1834 slavery was abolished here by a decision of the British authorities.
Since 1967, Saint Lucia became associated with Great Britain by a state with the right of self-government, and it became only an independent state on February 22, 1979. Since 2012, the country has been one of the 11 members of the Bolivarian Alliance of the Peoples of Our America (abbreviated ALBA, ALBA sp.), Created by Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro for economic integration and joint development of Latin American and Caribbean countries on the principles of socialism.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT SAINT LUCIA
Saint Lucia is located between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea, north of Trinidad and Tobago. The area of the island is 616 square kilometers. The capital of the state is the city of Castries. At the heart of the island’s governance are the principles of parliamentary democracy.
The official language is English, but French is also common. More than 61% of the population are members of the Roman Catholic Church, and another 25% are Protestants.
The national currency is the East Caribbean dollar, which is pegged to the United States dollar.
ADVANTAGES OF OBTAINING THE SECOND CITIZENSHIP OF SAINT LUCIA
Saint Lucia’s exclusive passport program has a number of attractive features:
- There are no requirements for permanent or temporary residence on the island;
- Passport for investment can be obtained remotely and without an interview;
- There are no requirements for education or managerial experience for applicants;
- Double citizenship;
- There are no requirements for the payment of tax on income received outside of its borders;
- Short processing time - 2-3 months;
- Along with the main applicant, second citizenship can be obtained by dependent children under 25 years old and parents over 65 years old, or belonging to other age groups who are dependent;
- Tropical climate, excellent conditions and infrastructure for living, if such is planned;
- The ability to visit more than a hundred countries without a visa or with a visa on arrival.
WAYS OF OBTAINING THE SECOND CITIZENSHIP OF SAINT LUCIA
- One-off non-refundable contribution to the National Economic Fund of Saint Lucia. Choosing a donation scheme to the National Economic Fund, you will pay 100 thousand as a single bearer, 165 thousand for yourself and a husband (wife), 190 thousand with two children. Another 25 thousand to pay for the inclusion in the statement of each family member in excess of this amount.
- Investments in real estate (only in approved projects) When purchasing property from a list compiled by the island’s government, you invest a minimum amount of 300 thousand.
- Investment project - the creation of the enterprise. 3.5 million dollars in a business approved by the authorities of the island, with the creation of at least three jobs.
- Buying government bonds. Contribution to government bonds 500 thousand from one applicant.
POSSIBLE SPHERE OF INVESTMENTS IN SAINT LUCIA
Restaurants, ports and marinas for cruise liners, plants for processing agricultural products, roads, bridges, research and maritime universities.
LIST OF VISA-FREE COUNTRIES FOR HOLDERS OF SECOND CITIZENSHIP OF SAINT LUCIA
As of the beginning of 2018, Saint Lucia passport holders can visit the following countries of the world without a visa:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Hong Kong
- Guinea Bissau
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Solomon islands
- South Korea
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Cape Verde
- San Marino
- Great Britain
Invest in economy of Saint Lucia and travel without visas!