WHAT ADVANTAGES DOES THE PASSPORT OF DOMINICA GIVE FOR ITS HOLDERS?
So, the popularity of the passport of the Commonwealth of Dominica is due to the many advantages that are available to citizens of this country. In addition to the opportunity to create for themselves and their loved ones an alternative place to live in case of unforeseen circumstances in their home country, the citizenship of Dominica provides:
- Visa-free entry to more than 100 countries. Passport holders are not required to issue visas (or a visa is issued upon arrival) to visit the Schengen countries, the United Kingdom and many other countries;
- Tax optimization. Thanks to loyal tax laws, the granting of citizenship makes it possible to optimize taxes. Citizens have a fairly large number of tax benefits. In particular, no foreign assets, inheritance, capital gains, etc.;
- Favorable conditions for business development. For entrepreneurs, there are low tax rates, and the import tax is completely absent. In addition, the country's membership in CARICOM makes it possible to develop business in the territory of any state of the alliance;
- Confidentiality guarantees. The authorities do not provide information on the granting of citizenship to third parties;
- The possibility of obtaining a long-term visa in the United States. Despite the fact that the United States is not included in the list of countries for which holders of Dominica passports do not need a visa to visit, certain benefits for citizens do exist. Citizens of Dominica can apply for a visa in the United States, which is valid for 10 years.
THE PROCESS OF REGISTRATION OF DOMINICA’S PASSPORT
The process of obtaining a second passport consists of several stages. So, first of all, the applicant must prepare a package of documents in accordance with the established list (completed application form, photo, certificate of no criminal record, medical certificates, etc.). Then the documents are submitted to the competent authorities of the Commonwealth of Dominica (two ministries deal with issues of granting citizenship in the country - national security and immigration and labor).
In case of compliance of the documents with the established requirements and successful passing of the check, a letter is sent to the applicant from the Ministry. Some applicants may be invited for an interview (this is quite a rare situation). It should be noted that it is not necessary to visit Dominica for an interview: this procedure can be carried out not only directly in the country itself, but also in its representative offices, (they are in the UAE, Great Britain, and also in the United States).
The final step is to obtain a Certificate of Naturalization and then a passport of a citizen of the country. The passport is valid for ten years, after which it must be renewed (the applicant’s minor children are issued a five-year passport). Renewing a passport is a formal procedure, since Dominica’s citizenship is termless.
As a rule, if the applicant meets the basic requirements of the program and all the conditions are met, a passport does not cause problems. Appealing to the services of a specialized company allows you to avoid bureaucratic difficulties and go through all the stages in a minimum of time.