CITIZENSHIP AND PASSPORT OF DOMINICA BY INVESTMENTS
A fantastic place with untouched natural beauty, Dominica is probably the most spectacular Caribbean island. There is one of the highest standards of living in the region.
Officially, The Commonwealth of Dominica, this beautiful island boasts pristine sandy beaches, lush green mountains, acres of unspoiled tropical rainforests, and some of the best diving and hiking in the Caribbean. A diverse blend of English, French, African and Carib peoples and cultures, Dominica is a politically and economically stable state with the lowest crime rate in the region. The Economic Citizenship Program Dominica offers applicants a wealth of benefits and privileges, including:
• No physical residency requirements;
• Inclusion of dependent children up to 25;
• Inclusion of unmarried daughters under 25 living with and fully supported by the main applicant;
• No minimum level of education required;
• No managerial experience required;
• No interview, education or management experience required;
• Visa-free travel to over 95 countries including Europe’s Schengen zone, UK, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Turkey;
• No taxes for non-residents;
• Dominica recognizes dual citizenship, so you can retain your current nationality.
OPTIONS OF OBTAINING THE PASSPORT AND THE CITIZENSHIP OF DOMONICA:
1. Investments in National Development Fund:
• $ 100 000- the main applicant;
• $ 175 000- for directly applying person + spouse, 1 child / parent;
• $ 200 000- for directly applying person + spouse / spouse, 2 children / parent;
• $ 25 000- for each dependent above the specified.
2. Investments in real estate:
Purchase of real estate for $ 200 000 and more. Property must be owned for at least 5 years. Property registration, processing fees and taxes are paid separately.
Citizenship of the following territories and states is not granted Dominica citizenship: Chechnya, Afghanistan, North Korea, Iraq, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, San Tome Principe, Somalia, Turkmenistan, Sudan, Yemen, and Uzbekistan.
Exceptions are applicants who have been legal residents of other states for 10 or more years and their investment funds do not originate from the above-mentioned territories and states.
COST OF CHECKING ON THE CRIMINAL PAST:
• $ 7.5 000- for the directly applying person + spouse;
• $ 4 000- the applicant, who is more than 16 years.
STATE DUTY FOR ACQUISITION OF REAL ESTATE:
• $25 000 – the main applicant with dependents, which are elder;
• $35 000 – for the family, consisting of 4 persons, including the main applicant;
• $50 000 – a family, consisting of 6 persons, including the main applicant.
THE COST OF REGISTRATION OF DOMINICA’S CITIZENSHIP:
Program support - $ 25 000
THE OFFER OF KEMPINSKI HOTELS
Cabrits Resort Kempinski Dominica is the first project approved by the Dominica government in accordance with the Citizenship through Investments program. The five-star resort consists of 106 rooms that are built according to environmental requirements. Return on investment of 2-5% per year.
The minimum amount of investments is $ 220 000 . Investments in the project provide investors with Dominica citizenship.
As a recognition of the investment, the investor will be assigned the highest level of loyalty program participant.
THE ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF OBTAINING THE CITIZENSHIP OF DOMINICA:
Dominica is considered one of the most attractive and affordable options for obtaining a second passport: the migration program of this island state has been in place for more than twenty years. The country can offer comfortable conditions for permanent residence and business, an optimal tax system, visa-free travel and many other benefits. Consider the pros and cons of Dominica citizenship.
The program has earned a good reputation, thanks to which the registration of citizenship of this state is in great demand. In addition, the improvement of the migration program has made the acquisition of Dominica citizenship even more profitable and prestigious. So, the main advantages of Dominica citizenship include:
• Providing tax benefits. Economic citizenship involves obtaining the status of a resident of the jurisdiction of the island state. Favorable tax policy of the country allows you to take advantage of a number of tax incentives, including exemption from taxes on income, receiving foreign countries, the absence of capital gains taxes, etc.
• No requirements for living in the country for naturalization. Getting a passport is possible without first obtaining a residence permit.
• Visa-free entry to a huge number of countries. Citizens of the island state get a unique opportunity: they have access to over 100 countries without visas. Among the countries of visa-free entry are the countries of the Schengen Agreement, Singapore, South Korea and others. Thus, travel without visas will be possible both for tourist purposes and for conducting business and business negotiations.
• Lifetime citizenship. Citizenship is indefinite and is subject to cancellation only in strictly established cases. Citizens of Dominica receive a passport for 10 years (children - for 5 years), after which a standard document replacement procedure takes place.
• Low cost of citizenship. Compared to programs in other countries, the Commonwealth of Dominica proposes the introduction of a minimum amount of investment to apply for citizenship.
• Favorable conditions for doing business. The country is a member of CARICOM, so the citizens of the island state have the opportunity to engage in business activities in any country of the alliance. Other benefits for entrepreneurs are also available.
• Security. Obtaining a passport of Dominica ensures the protection of business, bank accounts and real estate both in foreign countries and in the country of permanent residence.
• Confidentiality. The authorities guarantee complete confidentiality and do not provide the country of first citizenship with information about the citizen's receiving a passport.
• No need to visit the country. The presence of the applicant is not required as with the registration of citizenship (personal interview is conducted selectively), and in the future: obtaining a second passport does not imply permanent residence and periodic entries, and stay.
• Obtaining citizenship of Dominica does not require abandonment of the first citizenship. A definite plus can be called a stable situation inside the country. In addition, the Commonwealth of Dominica does not participate in international conflicts, so that the owners of the passport of this state have the opportunity to move freely around the world and are not subject to various sanctions. The country is characterized by a fairly high level of security, beautiful nature and a comfortable social environment, therefore Dominica is suitable not only for those who wish to obtain citizenship for business and as a backup option, but also for those who may be planning to find a place with perfect conditions for permanent residence.
• the possibility of revocation of citizenship (in cases where it was obtained by fraud or if the owner of the passport was imprisoned);
• the need to provide a large list of documents for registration of citizenship;
• in some cases, a long period of consideration of the application.
• It should be noted that the territory of the state belongs to the zone of natural disasters (flooding, hurricanes are possible).
However, if we compare the indicated disadvantages of the considered variant and its positive aspects, it is not difficult to notice that Dominica is the most suitable and most profitable direction for obtaining a second passport. The minimum cost of citizenship in combination with other benefits opens up broad prospects for international business and allows you to protect yourself in case of unforeseen situations.
THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING THE CITIZENSHIP OF DOMINICA:
The process of obtaining citizenship in Dominica has recently been greatly simplified - from June 1, 2017, the government reduced the number of documents required to obtain a new passport. These documents that were previously included in the mandatory list will no longer be useful to you:
• Banking certificate;
• Audit financial statements;
• Vaccination card;
• Personal characteristic.
These innovations are designed to save investor time. However, not all so simple. So, you still have to do financial reports and a bank certificate, but you will not be submitting these documents to the migration service, but directly to the bank during the transfer of investment funds. As for the vaccination cards and characteristics, they really will not be needed anywhere.
Citizenship in Dominica: a staged process:
Obtaining citizenship of Dominica can be divided into several stages, during which you need to:
• Collect documents. This is a fairly long list, and an open one — in some cases additional papers may be required;
• Submit the collected documents to the Ministry of Immigration and Labor of Dominica and the Ministry of National Security of Dominica;
• Wait for a response letter from the Ministry;
• Pass an interview (for this you will need to organize a trip to Dominica or to another country where there are representative offices - the United States, the United Kingdom, the United Arab Emirates);
• Get a certificate of naturalization, and later - a passport of a citizen.
What needs to be done to "start the process" of obtaining citizenship in Dominica? First of all, prepare all the documents. Here is a list of basic documents, but it is open - we draw your attention that, most likely, other papers may be required.
• The applicant's form is based on a sample (called the Application Form 12), 2 copies. The document is filled by the applicant himself, similar forms are filled in by members of his family (if they also apply for citizenship), including children.
• Recommendation letter - it should be written by experts from the investor’s bank;
• Information about employment of the investor;
• Affidavit from the investor indicating sources of income;
• A letter addressed to the Minister of Dominica - in it you must indicate the reason for the application and the request to issue citizenship;
• Certificate of no criminal record with fingerprints;
• Photos of the applicant and his family members, also applying for citizenship, notarized;
• Birth certificates;
• Affidavit confirming the correctness of the information provided;
• Medical certificates;
To become an investor, and, subsequently, to obtain citizenship, the applicant must be at least 21 years old. It is important to know English, at least at the basic level - it is in it, and not in Russian or in any other language, that the questionnaire must be filled out. Remember that all documents must be issued no more than three months ago, and copies must be certified by a notary.
QUESTIONS - ANSWERS TO OBTAINING DOMINICIAN CITIZENSHIP:
How soon can I get Dominica citizenship?
Usually the process takes from three to six months, if everything is in order with the documents;
Is a personal presence required at the time of submission of documents in Dominica?
Not necessary. You can be interviewed in the United States, in London or in Dubai;
Do I have to live in Dominica after obtaining citizenship?
Not. You can never even appear in this country, but enjoy all the benefits of acquired citizenship. The only exception is if you suddenly want to have the right to vote in elections. In this case, you will have to live like this for at least five years.
LIST 122 COUNTRIES THAT DOMINIC PASSPORT HOLDERS MAY VISIT WITHOUT VISAS IN 2018:
Andorra; Antigua and Barbuda (180 days); Armenia (120 days); Austria (90 days); Bahamas (3 months); Bangladesh (30 days); Barbados (6 months); Belarus (5 days); Belgium (90 days); Belize (6 months); Bolivia (90 days); Bosnia and Herzegovina (90 days); Botswana (90 days); Brazil (90 days); Bulgaria (90 days); Cape Verde; Colombia (90 days); Comoros; Costa Rica (30 days); Croatia (90 days); Cuba (28 days); Cyprus (90 days); Czech Republic (90 days); Denmark (90 days); Djibouti; Dominican Republic; Ecuador (90 days); Egypt (15 days); Estonia (90 days); Fiji (4 months); Finland (90 days); France (90 days); Gambia (90 days); Germany (90 days); Greece (90 days); Grenada; Guinea-Bissau (90 days); Guyana; Haiti (90 days); Hungary (90 days); Iceland (90 days); Indonesia (30 days); Iran (15 days); Ireland; Israel (3 months); Italy (90 days); Jamaica; Jordan; Kenya (3 months); South Korea (90 days); Laos (30 days); Latvia (90 days); Lesotho (90 days); Liechtenstein (90 days); Lithuania (90 days); Luxembourg (90 days); Madagascar (90 days); Malawi (90 days); Malaysia (30 days); Maldives (30 days); Mauritania (90 days); Mauritius (90 days); Micronesia (30 days); Monaco; Montenegro (90 days); Mozambique (30 days); Nepal (90 days); The Netherlands (90 days); Nicaragua (90 days); Norway (90 days); Palau (30 days); Panama; Peru (183 days); Philippines (30 days); Poland (90 days); Portugal (90 days); Romania (90 days); Rwanda (30 days); Saint Kitts and Nevis (6 months); Saint Lucia (6 months); Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (6 months); Samoa (60 days); San Marino; Seychelles (3 months); Singapore (30 days); Slovakia (90 days); Slovenia (90 days); Solomon Islands (90 days); Somalia (30 days); Spain (90 days); Suriname; Swaziland (30 days); Sweden (90 days); Switzerland (90 days); Tanzania (90 days); East Timor (30 days); Togo (7 days); Tonga (31 days); Trinidad and Tobago; Tuvalu (30 days); Uganda; Ukraine (15 days); UK (6 months); Uruguay (90 days); Vanuatu (90 days); Vatican; Venezuela (90 days); Zambia (90 days); Kosovo (90 days); Northern Cyprus; Palestine; Hong Kong (90 days); Macau (90 days); Faroe islands; Greenland; French Guiana; French Polynesia; New Caledonia; Reunion; Aruba; Curacao; Gibraltar.
WHERE DOMINICA IS. TRANSFER OPTIONS TO DOMINICA FROM MOSCOW, ALMATY, ASTANA, KIEV, MINSK:
Where is Dominic and how to get to it?
Dominica is among the safest countries with a stunning environment, where the political and economic situation has been fairly stable for many years. It is located on the eponymous island, which is included in the group of the Lesser Antilles, in the Caribbean. Not far from it are Guadeloupe and Martinique. Very many flights of airplanes arrive to the airports of these two countries. Dominica also has its own airport, which accepts airplanes from many states, including Guadeloupe, Martinique, Barbados, etc. How to get here? It all depends on the point of departure.
From Moscow to Dominica can be reached with two or three transfers. Travel time can last from 25 to 60 hours. The best way for the price and money is as follows:
• at 19:50 from Sheremetyevo to JFK Kennedy (New York) - the flight lasts about 10 hours and 15 minutes;
• change of 5 hours 55 minutes;
• from JFK Kennedy (New York) to Luis Muñoz Marin;
• change of 3 h 45 minutes;
• from Luis Munoz Marin to Melvilholla (airport in Dominica) - arrival at 14:15 the next day.
Such a trip will cost about 70 thousand rubles. There are slightly cheaper options and much more expensive, but travel time is 30 hours or more.
From Almaty to Dominica there are also a lot of different flights. But the best option is a flight of 33 hours and 20 minutes along the following path:
• Almaty - Moscow - on the way 4 h 55 min;
• Moscow - Heathrow - 4 hours;
• change of airport - the difference between flights is 11 hours and 35 minutes;
• Gatwick - BBC Baird - on the way 8 h 45 min;
• WeiBi Baird - Melvilhol - in 40 min.
From Almaty the plane takes off at 16:20. In Moscow, a transfer takes 1 hour and 10 minutes, and in Munich - 2 hours. The cost of the flight is about 100 thousand rubles.
By the way, other flights last 40-50 hours and cost 20-30 thousand rubles more expensive.
The most optimal flight time is 33 h 30 min. The flight goes the following way:
• Astana - Frankfurt am Main - on the road 6 h 20 min;
• Frankfurt am Main - Heathrow - on the way 1 h 45 min;
• change of airport - the difference between flights in time 12 h 30 min;
• Gatwick - BBC Baird - on the way 8 h 45 min;
• WeiBi Baird - Melvilhol - in 40 min.
From Astana the plane takes off at 16:10. The transfer to Frankfurt am Main takes 1 hour and 15 minutes, in Antigua - 2 hours and 15 minutes. The cost of the flight is about 370 thousand rubles.
From Kiev to Melville can be reached with two transfers in 41 hours and 180 thousand rubles. The plane takes off from Boryspil at 20:05 and moves along the following path:
• Kiev - Gatwick - on the way 3 h 30 min;
• Gatwick - BBC Baird - on the road 8 h 30 min;
• WeiBi Baird - Melvilhol - in 40 min.
The transfer in London takes 12 hours 55 minutes, and in Antigua - 16 hours.
If you choose a flight on time, then you should pay attention to the flight at 15:15. It takes place with three transfers and lasts 31 h 25 min. The cost of such a trip will cost 277 thousand rubles. Her path is as follows:
• Minsk - Kiev - on the way 1 h 5 min;
• Transplant 3 hours 45 minutes;
• Kiev - Gatwick - in way 3 h 30 min;
• Transplant in London 11 h 25 min;
• Gatwick - BBC Baird - on the way 8 h 45 min;
• Transplant in Antigua 2 h 15 min;
• WeiBi Baird - Melvilhol - 40 min.
For the price wins the flight at 15:20 with transfers in Riga, Gatwick and WeiBi Baird. Its cost is 166 thousand rubles, but the journey takes 46 hours.
RECOMMENDED HOTELS AT DOMINIC:
Dominica receives a huge number of tourists every year, so there are plenty of hotels for every taste and color. In addition, many places offer a number of additional services. Thanks to this, your visit to the country for obtaining a second citizenship can be not only official, but also quite entertaining.
Fort Young HoteL
The four-star hotel is located near the city of Roseau on the coast of the Caribbean Sea. Nearby attractions include the Morne Trois-Piton National Park, Victoria Falls, a museum. The hotel offers guests a whirlpool, classes in the fitness center. Every evening on the coast, a buffet dinner is served on the coast, serving Caribbean cuisine.
All rooms have balconies. From them you can admire the beautiful scenery overlooking the ocean. The situation itself is no less gorgeous. The price for this level is quite democratic.
Double room will cost about 15-17 thousand rubles.
Rivers Eco Lodge
The three-star hotel is located near the rainforest, which is the highlight of this establishment. On the territory there are 8 bamboo villas with good furnishings and all amenities. Against the background of numerous greenery, they create a favorable atmosphere for recreation. Directly in each house there is a kitchenette, bathroom, TV, and next to it is a picnic area. As entertainment guests offer exciting tours to the jungle.
The cost of living in villas Rivers Eco Lodge will cost an average of 5-6 thousand rubles.
Three-star hotel Jacoway Inn also applies to budget options.
Night stay here will cost 4-6 thousand rubles.
For the money you get a small but comfortable two-storey house with a kitchen and a seating area or a standard double room. Parking for guests is free.
Sunset Bay Club & SeaSide Dive Center
This is a small hotel with 13 suites, which offers comfortable rest at the best price - 6-9 thousand rubles each. per day. In addition, this price includes free breakfast. The hotel has a swimming pool, restaurant, parking spaces.
RECOMMENDED RESTAURANTS AT DOMINIC:
Rainbow Beach Bar Restaurant
This is a restaurant for those who wish to taste the local cuisine. It serves numerous seafood dishes, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. The institution is open from 10:00 to 21:30. There are tables both indoors and outdoors.
The restaurant is famous for reasonable prices and a great abundance of dishes of Italian and Caribbean cuisine, as well as an atmosphere to relax. The cost of one order ranges from 400-2500 rubles.
The restaurant has a TV and free Wi-Fi, as well as delivery and take-away food.
Le Petit Paris Bakery and Restaurant
If you are a supporter of French, Italian and European cuisines, then visit Le Petit Paris Bakery and Restaurant. This is an excellent institution where you can have lunch or dinner with the whole family for a reasonable price. Tables are in the open air, the waiters are very welcoming. It is possible to order takeaway.
ENTERTAINMENT AT DOMINICA:
In Dominica, to find entertainment for the soul and the body is not difficult. Moreover, you can organize leisure activities both independently and by contacting a specialized organization. The choice they offer:
• tours with canyoning and flooring - rappelling in canyons, visiting waterfalls, swimming in natural pools, etc .;
• trekking National Park Morn-Trois-Piton - walks through the rainforest, swimming in the Emerald Pool, visiting the cave;
• ecological tours - horseback riding trips, horseback riding;
• rafting and rafting on the river is extreme entertainment for active people;
• whale and dolphin watching - a boat trip to the open sea, where you can watch similar animals in their natural habitat;
• beaches - you can sunbathe in places like Batibou, Soufriere Bay, Champagne Beach, Mero Beach;
• diving - on every beach you can always find an organization where you will be provided with equipment and provide a specialist who will help you master this entertainment.
Dominica - Review video
Dominica on world map
Stay informed of any changes in the program "Dominica - citizenship through investment in the National Development Fund or the acquisition of real estate"