CITIZENSHIP OF GRENADA BY INVESTMENTS
The country is also known as "Spice Island". There are very picturesque embankments, mountains and hills. These are just one of the many temptations to visit the main three beautiful islands. Diving, sailing, excellent restaurants, clean beaches and unforgettable celebrations all year round are some of the reasons why many wealthy investors prefer Grenada.
ADVANTAGES AND PECULIARITIES OF THE PROGRAM FOR OBTAINING CITIZENSHIP OF GRENADA:
- Fast processing within 4 months;
- Inclusion of dependent children under 25 years;
- Inclusion of dependent parents above 65;
- No physical residency requirements;
- No requirements to travel to Grenada during the application process;
- No interview, education or management experience required;
- Visa-free travel to over 100 countries including Europe’s Schengen zone
- E-2 treaty ‘Investor Visa’ signed between Grenada and the United States allows citizens of Grenada to operate a substantial business in the U.S. and reside therein;
- No tax on worldwide income
- No need to pass a language exam
- Passport is issued within 4 months.
OPTIONS FOR OBTAINING PASSPORT AND CITIZENSHIP OF GRANADA:
- Investment in real estate. The minimum deposit is 350 thousand dollars. For each kept man add 25 thousand dollars.
- Irrevocable contribution to the state development fund
- $ 150 thousand - the main applicant;
- $ 200 thousand - the main applicant with two dependents.
CHECK FOR CRIMINAL PAST
- $ 5 thousand - the main applicant and dependents who are 18 years old
- $ 2 thousand - children 12 -17 years old
- $ 3 thousand - the main applicant and dependents who are 18 years old
- $ 2 thousand - children under 18 years old
COST OF REGISTRATION OF CITIZENSHIP OF GRENADA:
Program maintenance - 25 000 dollars
CITIZENSHIP OF GRENADE MINUSES AND PLUSES:
The popularity of the migration program of Grenada is increasing: citizenship of this island nation is an attractive option for those who are interested in obtaining a second passport on favorable terms. The citizenship of Grenada provides excellent opportunities for business development at the international level, optimization of the tax burden, visa-free travel, as well as for living the whole family in a comfortable and safe environment.
Let us take a closer look at what the pros and cons of obtaining Grenada citizenship are.
- The Grenada citizenship program allows you to become a passport holder of this Caribbean state at short terms and at relatively low cost. There are two main options for obtaining citizenship: investment in real estate or investments in the state fund NTF. Regardless of which option will be preferred, the passport of Grenada provides the following benefits to its owner:
- Optimize tax burden. The tax policy of Grenada is focused on creating the most comfortable conditions for international business: tax minimization helped reduce the tax burden for passport holders of this state. The taxation system does not provide for the payment of capital gain taxes, as well as the tax on personal income, which were obtained from foreign sources. In addition, in Grenada, there are no taxes on donations and inheritance, and the tax rate on property ownership is 0-0.5%.
- Visa-free travel to more than 130 countries. Passport holders of Grenada can freely visit a huge number of countries, including the UK, Schengen countries, Singapore and Hong Kong, which provides excellent opportunities for both business and leisure travel. In addition, Grenada was one of the first Caribbean states, which gave its citizens the opportunity to visit China without a visa.
- Benefits in the countries of the Commonwealth of Nations. Grenada is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the membership of which allows citizens of the Caribbean state to enjoy various benefits in the UK (the Commonwealth is administered by the Queen of the Great Britain). Therefore, the passport holders of Grenada have the opportunity to receive benefits for study in British educational institutions. In addition, benefits are also available for movement to other countries of the Commonwealth (including Australia and Canada).
- The possibility of obtaining a business visa in the form of E-2 in the United States. The cooperation of Grenada with the United States of America in the field of business migration opens up broad prospects for those who plan to open a business or a representative office of their company in the United States. It is an open secret that a direct appeal to the US Migration Service most often leads to failure. Passport holders of Grenada can obtain a visa in the form of E-2: its presence greatly simplifies business activity in the United States of America. The possibility of obtaining a business visa E-2 is one of the main advantages of acquiring citizenship of Grenada: this visa is not available for Russian citizens.
- The absence of necessity to renounce the first citizenship. Obtaining a passport of Grenada does not imply the renunciation of the first citizenship: the country guarantees complete confidentiality.
- The absence of difficulties in obtaining citizenship. The Grenada Migration Program provides a simple procedure for obtaining citizenship, which is another advantage of choosing this particular Caribbean state. The main requirement for applicants for the acquisition of citizenship is the absence of problems with the law, the appropriate age and the availability of the necessary amount for investment.
- Getting a passport (you do not need to visit the country for this - documents are sent by courier service).
- The absence of requirements for stay in the country. Citizens do not have compulsory periods of stay in the country: there are no sanctions if a new citizen does not want to move to Grenada or just visit the state.
Along with the undoubted advantages of the Grenada migration program, some disadvantages of this option should be noted. So, the disadvantages of obtaining citizenship include:
- the riskiness of long-term investments, since the economy of Grenada is unstable and dependent on external factors;
- the remoteness of Grenada from Russia and European countries;
- the presentation of requirements for the state of health of the main applicant and his family members (the absence of infectious, oncological and mental diseases).
Therefore, the listed advantages of the Grenada migration program are in many ways superior to some of the disadvantages of this option. Thus, the registration of citizenship of Grenada is an excellent opportunity to get a second passport on attractive terms.
THE PROCESS OF OBTAINING THE CITIZENSHIP OF GRENADA:
The process of obtaining citizenship of Grenada is carried out in two ways: through direct investment and with the help of a non-refundable contribution to the State Fund for National Transformation. Consider the second method in more detail. It is called the “CIP Program”, allowing, in the case of obtaining a Grenada passport, to visit 135 states without a visa.
In short: history and facts:
The government of Grenada has started to cooperate with investors since about 2013. It was then that the state fund was created that promotes the economic growth of the island through the development of the tourist sector, energy, and, of course, economic citizenship for foreigners. The fee for citizenship through the CIP program is set at 200 thousand US dollars for 1 applicant (or a family of up to 4 people). For any subsequent secondary applicant, additional payment of $ 25 thousand is required.
Staged process of registration
Let’s consider the process of obtaining citizenship of Grenada
First step. First, you need to find an authorized agency accredited by the government of Grenada to conduct such transactions. This agency, as a rule, is international, must operate in the country where the candidate lives. In Russia, our company LLC REALITY is this authorized agency.
Second step. Work with the agent. This is necessary not only to fulfill the requirements of the government to obtain Grenada citizenship, but also for a number of nuances in the paperwork. The agent will help you correctly prepare a petition for citizenship, as well as familiarize you with the current tariffs and auxiliary fees. At the same time, a bank escrow account is opened to transfer funds.
The third step. Drawing up a citizenship application that enters the Grenada CBI (Committee for the Consideration of Applications for Investment Citizenship).
Fourth step. Payment of required fees. The receipts are attached to the copy of the petition:
- For registration is charged at 1500 US dollars for each person in the application.
- Data processing is paid separately. Amounts: 1,5 thousand dollars for adult applicants, 500 dollars - for minors under 18 years of age.
- Due Diligence (no criminal record) reliability check and determination of materially dependent family members (if served per family). There is a gradation in the tariffs, which depends on the age of the applicant. The primary applicant (as well as his spouse, family members over 18) pays 5,000 USD. Children under 12 years are exempt from duty, and children aged 12 to 17 years will be charged $ 2,000 each. Extract passports $ 250 for each applicant submitted to the petition.
Fifth step. Waiting for a response. For certain procedures, the law gives specific deadlines. For example, to check the reliability of 2 months is enough. If the application is satisfied, the applicant is notified in writing, then proceed to the next stage.
The sixth step. Payment of the balance on a specially opened escrow account. This account does not allow the holder to dispose of funds until the fulfillment of specified obligations. After payment, CBI employees issue a certificate of citizenship, draw up a passport.
The last stage. Obtaining documents of citizenship. They are issued to the agent or the applicant personally (sent through courier services), if agreed in advance.
Experience shows that the process of obtaining citizenship of Grenada with the help of CIP lasts up to 6 months. We help to speed up these deadlines whenever possible by optimizing some procedures. The applicants' heirs with citizenship automatically receive citizenship of Grenada.
LIST OF 130 COUNTRIES THAT PASSPORT HOLDERS OF GRENADA CAN VISIT IN 2018 WITHOUT VISAS:
Austria; Andorra; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; The Bahamas; Bangladesh; Barbados; Belize; Belgium; Bulgaria; Botswana; Brazil; Vanuatu; Vatican; Great Britain; Hungary; Venezuela; Haiti; Guyana; Gambia; Germany; Greece; Denmark; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Zambia; Zimbabwe; Israel; Indonesia; Ireland; Iceland; Spain; Italy; Kenya; Cyprus; Kiribati; China; Colombia; Costa Rica; Cuba; Latvia; Lesotho; Lithuania; Liechtenstein; Luxembourg; Mauritius; Malawi; Malaysia; Malta; Micronesia; Monaco; Netherlands; Norway; Panama; Peru; Poland; Portugal; Romania; San Marino; Swaziland; Senegal; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Singapore; Slovakia; Slovenia; Suriname; Tanzania; Trinidad and Tobago; Uganda; Uruguay; Fiji; Philippines; Finland; France; Croatia; Czech; Chile; Switzerland; Sweden; Ecuador; Estonia; South Korea; Jamaica.
WHERE IS GRENADA? TRANSFER OPTIONS TO GRENADA FROM MOSCOW, ALMATY, ASTANA, KIEV, MINSK:
Several international air carriers carry out flights Moscow-Grenada. Since there are no direct flights, the flight provides for transfers in large European terminals.
On Wednesdays and Saturdays, British Airways operate flights on the Moscow-Grenada route. In flight, passengers are about 14 hours.
You can also fly to the island with a transfer in Frankfurt, which is operated jointly by Lufthansa and Condor. Flight time is about 13.5 hours.
There are also flights with two transfers with a flight duration of 51 hours and 13 minutes.
You can buy tickets for transfers from Moscow to St. George’s from 10 airlines. The price of round trip tickets varies from 42,700 rubles up to 397 956 rubles.
Airliners land at the only Grenada’s international airport, “Maurice Bishop Memorial Hwy”, located in the south-west at a distance of 10 km from the capital of the state, Saint George’s.
There are no direct flights to Grenada from Kiev. Flights are operated by different airlines from the Borispol and Zhuliany airports. Depending on the number of transfers, it can be 2, 3 or 4, the flight time can be from 32 hours 10 minutes to 51 hours and 30 minutes. The price of a round-trip ticket varies from UAH 64,601 to UAH 151,734.
There are no direct flights from Almaty to Grenada. Depending on the air carrier company, the flight may be carried out with at least two or more transfers and different time spent in airspace. For example, Air Astana, AirBaltic, British AirwaysAir Astana, AirBaltic, British Airways with transfers in Moscow, Riga, London, Saint Lucia (1 day 6 h.)
Aeroflot, American Airlines Aeroflot, American Airlines with transfers in Moscow, New York, Miami (1 day 8 h.)
From Astana to Grenada you can fly with at least two changes in 1 day. 4 hours -1 days 11 hours, depending on the air carrier and place of transfers. Ticket prices range from 651,187 tg.
Belarus has no direct connection with Grenada, so the best option is a flight on the route Minsk - Saint - Georges with two transfers (for example, in Warsaw and Toronto, Moscow and New York, Amsterdam and Toronto).
Air transportation is carried out by airlines LOT Polish Airlines and Caribbean Airlines, Aeroflot, Belavia and Delta Air Lines. Without transfers, the flight time is about 16 hours. The cost of a return ticket per person is $ 2,000.
RECOMMENDED HOTELS IN GRENADA:
Hotel Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa 5 *,
located on the white sandy shores of the Caribbean Sea, it is surrounded by sprawling palm trees and a tropical park fragrant with exotic aromas. 10 cottages feature elegant interiors that combine modern style with Creole traditions. Coming out on the terrace or balcony, you can admire the ocean and tropical gardens.
In the Rhodes restaurant you can enjoy the exquisite dishes that the local virtuoso chef prepares from selected local products. Two bars offer drinks and tropical cocktails for every taste.
Four-star complex “Laluna”
is located near the Grand Anse Bay and Magazin beach.
The hotel’s spa has steam rooms, rooms for a strong massage, which is made on the floor.
In the pavilion with a tea bar, you can not only enjoy the aromatic drink, but also read interesting literature on the Eastern philosophy of health, which is represented here in the library.
In the bathroom with an outdoor shower, you can use Italian cosmetics, which were made in the Alps.
“Spice Island Beach Resort”.
A world-class, all-inclusive hotel is the perfect place for weddings and honeymoons.
The highlight of the hotel is the elegant spa, located in the garden. The hotel offers a mirror pool and an open-air lounge, which serves tea and offers a wide range of facial and body treatments, as well as a variety of massages. All hotel interiors are decorated in light, soothing colors.
The hotel's 66 rooms are presented in the following categories: 49 rooms - “Whirlpool Suite”, 13 rooms - “Private Pool Suite” and 4 rooms- “Royal Private Pool Suite”.
CAPITAL OF GRENADA. WHAT YOU CAN DO IN THE CAPITAL:
A classic restaurant for a sumptuous dinner with light, live music! The taste of the author's dishes from the chef -virtuoso Harry Rhodes amazes with gastronomic magic and fireworks of taste sensations. A special feature of the restaurant is the dress code, which excludes casual and beachwear, as well as open shoes for gentlemen.
A stylish restaurant that is ideal for spending romantic evenings. Thanks to the design, service and special menu, you will feel the unique atmosphere of privacy, intimacy and peace here. Exquisite Grenadian delicacies, a wide range of drinks in the bar, comfort of restaurant will give you unforgettable moments of pleasure!
«Aquarium Beach Club & Restaurant»
Cozy beach restaurant with a small cool waterfall in the center. The restaurant offers a varied menu of traditional Grenadian dishes and exclusive dishes from the local chef. Large coal grill and marvelous aromas of roasted meat delight visitors of the institution.
"The Beach House Restaurant"
This is a hospitable place for rest for the whole family and not only with a weighty menu for different gastronomic tastes. Located next to the airport, the place is great for romantic dates, magnificent wedding parties, friendly gatherings and just for a pleasant time spending.
All lovers of nightlife can spend an unforgettable time in the nightclub "Bananas", which is located in several caves on the mountainside. Here you can eat and spend time in the mysterious atmosphere of the conceptual institution.
Professional DJs and a rich cultural program entertain visitors. The dance floor, cold drinks, and pleasant society - this is an unforgettable experience and fun!
The city also has attractions that are of interest to tourists:
- National Museum, housed in former French barracks,
- Catholic Cathedral of St. George,
- Bay Gardens Botanical Garden,
- Sendal tunnel,
- St. Margaret Waterfalls.
Grenada on world map
Watch for changes in the program
Stay informed of any changes in the program "Grenada - citizenship through investment in the National Development Fund or the acquisition of real estate"
You have successfully subscribed to updates in program "Grenada - citizenship through investment in the National Development Fund or the acquisition of real estate". In case of changes in the program, all information will be sent to
Please fill in all the required fields and try again
Something went wrong. Please try again.