Citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda Passport of Antigua and Barbuda
ADVANTAGES ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP:
- opportunity to get dual citizenship;
- no need to live in the state permanently;
- no tax on world income;
- it is enough to be in the country for 5 days in 5 years;
- no need to pass an interview, no requirements for education or experience of a manager;
- visa-free travel with 150 countries, including the Schengen zone, the UK and Hong Kong;
- quick citizenship in 3 months, including for children up to 29 years old;
- citizenship, including for dependent parents who are over 58 years old and who live with the applicant;
- citizenship, including for physically or mentally challenged children and / or parents;
- obtaining a passport of Antigua and Barbuda within a month after the investment;
- great country to live.
OBTAINING ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP:
- 25 thousand dollars up to 4 candidates;
- 15 thousand dollars each additional candidate
- 50 thousand dollars up to 4 candidates;
- 15 thousand dollars each additional candidate
COST OF CHECKING ON THE CRIMINAL PAST:
- 7.5 thousand dollars the main candidate with the spouse / spouse;
- 4.0 thousand dollars 1 dependent 18 -28 years;
- 2 thousand dollars 1 dependent 12 -17 years.
ADVANTAGES ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP:
- living in the lap of unique nature, pleasant climate and various leisure activities;
- you can have two passports at the same time Antigua and Barbuda and Russia;
- a loyal tax system that does not require paying taxes on income and real estate received outside the country;
- visa-free regime for entry into most of the world’s countries, including Schengen countries;
- the possibility of obtaining a quality higher education.
- investors must be in Antigua and Barbuda for at least 5 days during the first five years.
PROCESS ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP:
- internal and external passports;
- residence permit in another country (if available);
- certificates of birth, marriage status or divorce, availability of education;
- driver's license;
- military record card;
- a health certificate with an HIV test result;
- certificate of no criminal record and legal proceedings in other countries;
- bank statement and bank reference letter;
- proof of legal source of funds;
- other documents confirming impeccable business and personal reputation.
Most Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on Citizenship:
Question: How is the process of obtaining citizenship going? Is this a very complicated procedure?
Answer: At the first stage, it is necessary to prepare a package of documents. Further, the invested funds are transferred to an escrow account, after which the documents are submitted to the authorities for review. After the transfer of documents, the authorities of the country conduct a due diligence check of the applicant, as well as analyze the origin of the invested funds. If the candidate meets all the requirements and successfully passes the test, a decision is made to issue him a certificate of naturalization. After that, a few days later, a new citizen of the country is issued a passport. Since the entire procedure must be carried out without fail with the participation of a licensed agent, the registration process is not difficult for the applicant.
Question: Does obtaining a passport involve moving to the country?
Answer: No, obtaining a passport does not entail the obligation of permanent residence in the country. To renew your passport, it is enough to stay in the country for five days every five years.
Question: In addition to the advantages of the tax system, it is important for us to be able to move freely across European countries. Will an Antigua and Barbuda passport save us from the need to apply for visas?
Answer: Holders of a passport of this state have access to visa-free entry to more than a hundred countries, including countries belonging to the European Union and the Schengen zone. Also, citizens do not need a visa to visit the UK.
Question: Is there an opportunity to sell the property in the future?
Answer: Yes, the program provides for such an opportunity, but this can be done only after five years of ownership of the object.
Question: We consider Antigua and Barbuda not only as a country for obtaining a reserve citizenship, but also as a place for the whole family to move. Is this country suitable for permanent residence or is it better to look at other options?
Answer: One of the main advantages of the program is precisely the fact that the country is ready to offer new citizens the most comfortable conditions for permanent residence. The state is known for its favorable climate and amazingly beautiful beaches, as well as a well-developed infrastructure. Thanks to the multitude of entertainments, you can spend your free time and have a great rest. It is no coincidence that this country has become home to many world celebrities.
Question: The need to obtain a second passport is connected, first, with the desire to ensure safety for oneself and one's family. Is it possible not to be afraid of the disclosure of information on the provision of second citizenship?
Answer: The authorities of Antigua and Barbuda guarantee complete confidentiality. Information about the issuance of a second passport to the main applicant and his family members is not communicated to other states.
Question: When applying for citizenship, can parents be included in the application?
Answer: The conditions of the program allow the inclusion of parents in the application, however, they must meet a number of requirements. In particular, the parents must be at least 58 years old and must be dependent on the applicant.
Question: We chose the option with the purchase of real estate. In addition to the direct investment in the purchase, will there be any other expenses required?
Answer: Yes, when buying real estate, you must pay a state fee, the amount of which is $50,000 (if there are up to four applicants in the application). Each additional applicant will require a payment of US $15,000. Also, when purchasing real estate (as well as when choosing other options), you need to pay for a criminal background check.
Question: How long does the process of obtaining citizenship take?
Answer: As a rule, all procedures take no more than three months. Thus, citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda is one of the fastest options.
Question: Do I need to personally come to the country to submit documents?
Answer: No, the documents are submitted without the direct participation of the applicant, so there is no need to visit the country. Also, applicants are not required to undergo interviews.
Question: The list of countries that are available for visa-free travel does not include the United States. Are there any privileges for the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda when visiting this country?
Answer: No, it is not. The passport allows you to apply for a long-term visa to the United States of America.
Question: Citizenship of Caribbean states is viewed by the majority as a way to optimize the tax burden. What is the tax situation in Antigua and Barbuda?
Answer: The tax policy of the state is known for its loyalty: citizens are exempted from the obligation to pay a number of taxes, including the tax on world income, donations and some others. The country allows foreign investors to obtain tax resident status (this advantage is a distinctive feature of the program). The status is granted if a number of requirements are met, including: living in the country for at least a month annually, having a permanent place of residence (it can be either your own residential real estate or rented housing), as well as having an annual income of at least a fixed amount.
Question: Is there any validity period for citizenship? Does it need to be renewed?
Answer: Citizenship is granted to the applicant and his family members indefinitely. It is not citizenship that is required to be renewed, but a citizen's passport: subject to the requirements (in particular, residence in the country for five days every five years), this standard procedure is not difficult. In addition, the advantage of the citizenship of this state is the possibility of its inheritance.
Question: Does it make sense to buy property on the island of Antigua?
Answer: The country has a fairly well-developed elite real estate market, which is in demand among foreigners. The island attracts with excellent conditions for recreation: the tourism and entertainment industries are well-developed here, various events are often held, in particular, yacht shows. Having your own real estate will be a pleasant bonus to all the benefits of citizenship of this country.
Question: How big is the risk of rejection? For what reasons can this happens?
Answer: As a rule, if the applicant meets the established requirements and successfully passes the test, citizenship is obtained without problems. Refusal to issue citizenship is possible due to the applicant providing inaccurate information and in the presence of health problems (identification of diseases that are an obstacle to obtaining a country's passport). Applicants with a criminal record may also receive a refusal.
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Legislative Framework:
LIST OF 150 COUNTRIES THAT HOLDERS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA PASSPORT CAN VISIT IN 2020 WITHOUT VISAS ⇒
Reality Antigua & Barbuda
Government approved objects