Vanuatu Citizenship and Vanuatu Passport
Vanuatu is a small Pacific state consisting of 83 islands and located between New Zealand and Australia. The country's unique location far from world capitals makes it independent of from the main players in the political arena (Vanuatu gained independence in 1980). The undoubted advantages of the state are economic and political stability, a well-developed banking sector and a warm climate. Often, the country is called the “untouched paradise” of Oceania: here you can find many magnificent beaches, amazing scenery and interesting sights. Thanks to the optimal conditions for issuing a second passport, the program of acquiring the citizenship of this country for investments is becoming more and more popular.
Advantages citizenship Vanuatu:
- favorable tax policy;
- complete confidentiality;
- the possibility of granting citizenship to persons who have been denied passports in other member States of the Caribbean region;
- no need to visit the country for registration of citizenship;
- provision of perpetual citizenship and the possibility of transmission by inheritance;
- the inclusion of the passport in the list of 50 powerful passports in the world;
- there is no requirement to reside in the country;
- the minimum terms of consideration of the application;
- the possibility of visa-free visits to many countries;
- access opening accounts in international banks.
Options for obtaining citizenship Vanuatu:
Investment in National Development Fund
- from $130 000 – a single applicant;
- from $150 000 – two applicants;
- from $165 000 - three applicants;
- from $180 000 - four applicants.
The cost citizenship of Vanuatu:
- Maintenance of program $20000
The pros' citizenship Vanuatu:
The advantages of Vanuatu citizenship:
Vanuatu is becoming increasingly popular as a country for obtaining a second passport, and for this, there are quite objective reasons. The main advantages of the program of this state include:
- The optimal tax burden. The tax legislation of the state is notable for its loyalty: there is no corporate tax, no tax on capital gains or on income received outside the country. Also, not subject to tax inheritance. In addition, the country has low VAT rates;
- The possibility of registration of passports for the whole family. Registration of a second passport is available not only for the main applicant, but also for members of his family, including his spouse; children who are not married, are on the support of parents and whose age does not exceed 25 years; parents (it is allowed to include in the application the parents of the main applicant and his spouse). Parents must be at least 65 years old;
- Excellent conditions for permanent residence. A few years ago, Vanuatu became the leader of the world happiness rating, and today continues to be among the top five. In addition, the country is known for its favorable climate, good environmental conditions, low crime rates and comfortable social environment;
- Guarantees of confidentiality. The country guarantees complete confidentiality when you make a second passport. The authorities of Vanuatu do not provide information about the persons who were granted the citizenship of this state to the relevant authorities of the country of the citizenship of the applicant;
- No requirements for living in the country. Unlike many similar programs, obtaining a Vanuatu passport does not entail the need to reside in the country;
- Favorable opportunities for entrepreneurs. The country has created favorable conditions for opening and running a business. If you want, you can even open your own bank. Good prospects for offshore business;
- Record low terms of obtaining citizenship. The program of Vanuatu is characterized by minimal terms of granting citizenship compared to other similar programs. You can become holders of the passport of this country in 1-2 months. Thus, Vanuatu is an ideal option for those who urgently need to issue a second passport;
- Unlimited citizenship. Granting the status of a citizen of this Pacific state has no expiration date: citizenship is indefinite. Only a passport will need to be renewed (this procedure must be completed every five years);
- The possibility of visa-free visits to a numerous country. Holders of a Vanuatu passport can easily visit dozens of countries. In particular, visas will not be required for entry into the countries of the European Union, the United Kingdom, etc. For visiting the USA and Canada, passport holders can apply for long-term visas;
- Loyalty check on reliability. The undoubted advantage of the Vanuatu program is the possibility of obtaining citizenship even in cases where the applicant was denied a passport in other countries of the Caribbean region. In matters of granting citizenship, the official authorities of this country consider only their own conclusions, and not information obtained from external sources (including from the authorities of other states);
- Granting citizenship for bitcoins. The ability to get a second passport for bitcoins is a distinctive feature of the Vanuatu program. This country accepts cryptocurrency as an investment for citizenship (Vanuatu was the first state to offer such conditions to investors). According to the authorities, this measure will be able to increase the demand for the migration program.
Cons of citizenship of Vanuatu:
The Vanuatu program has virtually no flaws: it is not by chance that today it is considered the most optimal option for obtaining a second passport. The disadvantages include the need to confirm the legality of the origin of the invested funds (for this the applicant must prove that he has a business, confirm employment, etc.) and take the oath. However, to take the oath to come to the country is not necessary: this procedure can be passed at the consulates of the state, which are located in Brussels, Hong Kong, Lebanon.
The process of obtaining citizenship of Vanuatu:
So, the granting of citizenship of Vanuatu because of investment in the economy. For registration of the passport the applicant must pass several stages.
Important information for applicants
Submission of documents to the Committee for citizenship by accredited agents. When applying to a specialized company the process of registration of the passport for the applicant is simple.
Main stages of registration of citizenship
The process of obtaining a passport includes the following steps:
Step 1. Assessing the possibility of granting citizenship. Before applying for a passport applicant it is reported that he has or is not entitled to grant citizenship. To become a citizen of Vanuatu on an investment program, a person must be able to contribute the necessary funds to the country's economy and meet the established requirements.
Step 2. Preparation of a package of documents. Documents are submitted in accordance with the established requirements.
Step 3. Filling and filing the application. The application takes place with a package of documents. Submission of the application involves the application fee.
Step 4. Analysis of the application for the provision of a passport by state officials. Applications submitted are analyzed by representatives of the relevant government authorities of Vanuatu. Based on the results of the study, conclusions are made that applicants have the right to citizenship, filed a full package of documents and correctly filled out the application form.
Step 5. Evaluation of the investor's application. The assessment of applicants is handled by the Internal Citizenship Screening Committee. During this procedure, it is determined whether the applicant and the documents submitted correspond to the established requirements, after which the documents are transmitted for further consideration.
Step 6. Deciding on the application. The consideration and approval of applications for the granting of citizenship is carried out by the relevant Commission, to which documents are transferred from the Internal Screening Commission. If the applicant meets the established requirements, the ability to confirm the legality of the invested funds and the submission of a full package of documents, the Citizenship Commission decides whether the applicant should be granted this status.
Step 7. Issue to the applicant of the letter of the Commission on the decision. The letter is sent to the applicant within a week after the decision is taken. Also, the applicant is informed of the conditions for issuing a certificate of citizenship (the need to provide the correct data for inclusion in the Certificate, questions on the completion of the oath and the payment of the fee).
Step 8. Completion of the oath.
Step 9. Payment of the fee.
Step 10. The issuance of a Certificate of naturalization and passport. Passport production is carried out within two to four weeks.
The list of required documents
To apply for citizenship, the applicant must prepare the documents. In the set list includes:
- passport of the applicant for participation in the program;
- internal passport;
- birth certificate;
- photo: certificate of no criminal record (this document is for all adult applicants);
- medical report;
- certificate of registration of marriage (if necessary).
For dependent on the main applicant applicants are required to provide proof of financial dependence.
Legislative Framework for Vanuatu Citizenship:
Most Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
Yes, you can get status even without official income.
This is possible after obtaining citizenship, we can organize this procedure for you.
Of course, now we are helping everyone to solve this issue.
Yes, when fixing the status of a citizen of Vanuatu, you will have the opportunity to obtain the actual address and tax residency.
In order to meet the requirements of the Vanuatu Passport Program, we ask for a certificate stating that you have not been previously convicted. Please note that the existence of entries in the certificate is not an automatic reason for refusing to issue you a Vanuatu passport.
One of the important requirements is a one-time contribution of $130,000. However, there are other costs to consider, including tax liabilities.
The cost of applying for a family may vary. If you are planning to become a citizen for a family of 4, the investment starts at $180,000. To get a detailed calculation of all costs, it is recommended to fill out the form on our official website.
We strive to provide transparent cost information and help our clients plan their investment budget.
To obtain a Vanuatu citizen passport, you do not need to be physically in this country. Our company will help you to issue a complete package of all documents without leaving. Here is a list of required documents that will need to be submitted to the national, civil Committee:
1. Passport of the country where you currently live and your international passport.
2. Certificate of registration of marriage and documents on the birth of a child.
3. The results of a medical examination for a married couple and a certificate of no previous conviction.
4. Documents confirming financial dependence on the applicant for each child and their parents (if we are talking about group applications).
After providing a package of necessary documents, it is required to make a one-time contribution to the Vanuatu Island Management Fund. With us, you will get a quick way to become a Vanuatu citizen without spending too much.
One of the main ones is the acquisition of a 2nd passport and residence on the island of Vanuatu, the investor will receive a set of undeniable advantages, both personal and business.
1. Expansion of financial features: Opening accounts in international banks.
2. Citizenship for the whole family: The Vanuatu Investment Program allows the investor and his family to obtain citizenship. This means that spouse, children and even parents can become citizens of Vanuatu.
3. Visa-free visits to more than 100 countries: The Vanuatu passport provides its holder with access to more than 100 countries without a visa.
4. Heritability of Citizenship: Citizenship status can be inherited, which creates stability and long-term opportunities for the family and future generations.
5. Living flexibility: It is not necessary to live in Vanuatu and know the local language. It will be necessary to renew the passport every 10 years, which allows the investor to choose how often to visit the island and keep in touch with it.
The proposed investment system provides an opportunity for all interested parties to obtain a Vanuatu citizen passport in a short time. To do this, you will need to collect a small list of documents, subject to certain requirements:
1. The age of the investor must be at least 18 years old.
2. No criminal convictions and undesirable presence on the international or national wanted list is required. The competent authorities of Vanuatu are checking on these issues.
3. Requires a legitimate source of income to be used as an investment contribution.
4. The Vanuatu Passport Program also includes the spouse of the applicant, children under the age of twenty-five, children with a disability status of any age, and parents over 50 years of age.